Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Oh, The Possiblities!

"Anything is possible". Every Boston Celtics fan knows what that means. Its quote of the 2007 Championship won by those Celtics. Lead by the second coming of "The Big Three", the Celtics won their 17 NBA title. The season before was one to forget. With the second worst record in NBA in 2006, the Celtics were poised to win either the 1st or 2nd overall pick in the upcoming draft. To save any Celtics fans from that feeling of missing something in their heart, I'll stop there. Yeah, I know, it still hurts. Now, lets say the Celtics never traded for Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. I know that trying to play the "what if" game isn't really fun, but just think. KG could have used his "get out of jail" free card and not come to the Celtics. Same with Ray Ray. Hey, we could still be that awful team from '06 still. Based on my expert analysis and bold predictions, here what could of happened in the 2007 season.



2007 season. The Celtics did draft Jeff Green, but he was traded. Lets say he stays with us, because no deal is made for Ray Allen. Also, the Celtics would still have Wally Szczerbiak and Delonte West. Both were kind of already on there way out so lets say one leaves. I would say Wally is out, due to under performance, even though West isn't too far behind. West stays for '07. This trade also means no Glen Davis, who is a decent player now. But the Celtics do get Jeff Green. Green has a lot more upside than Davis, so it works out in that regard. Now for the big trade. KG stays in Minnesota (or goes to L.A. like I thought he would before) and the Celtics keep all those picks. The Celtics would also still have Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and promising talent of Gerald Green . I still think Gomes and Telfair were going to be traded or released so lets eliminate them from the team. So from my estimation, here's what the team's starting lineup would have looked like:

PG-Rajon Rondo

SG-Gerald Green

SF-Paul Pierce

PF-Jeff Green

C-Kendrick Perkins

6th man-Delonte West

Not bad. Not good. Decent is appropriate here. I would say Doc Rivers would go crazy during this season and he would be fired. Not his fault at all. I just think Doc isn't a great coach, he just has three veteran players around him that really "coach" the team. But I really think Doc would have been fired without the trade for the big three. There's 2007 without the Big Three. I don't know about you but I think I'm happy the way 2007 turned out. Even if we are paying for it now (and possibly till KG's contract is up). Let's just enjoy the three years of misery...I mean of hopeful possibilities for these Celtics.

No comments:

Post a Comment